Run your own estate agency, with an award-winning global brand, from the comfort of your own home or on the…
Help people live independently at home with the Walfinch home care franchise
Walfinch is a home care agency providing personalised health care at home to individuals and families nationwide, from offices across the UK.
We are seeking to expand our presence in the marketplace through a network of strong, passionate, and committed franchisees. Care is at the heart of our business - and we care about all our franchisees, as much as they care for our clients.
We provide expert training and support you will need in your new business venture, so this franchise suits investors with or without experience in the care industry.
An Alternative to Care Homes
Walfinch provides home care to a wide range of clients, including older people. It offers a huge menu of personal care services, including companion care, dementia care, and respite care, plus care to people living with a learning disability, physical disabilities, stroke rehabilitation, injury, and convalescent care, all designed to improve quality of life.
We help people lead their lives the way they want, as independently as possible, in the comfort and familiarity of their own homes.
A Growing Market
The UK population is ageing. Around one in five people in the UK is over 65. By 2042, this will increase to one in four. Around 4 million older people (40% of those over 65) have a limiting long-term illness or disability. That number is set to increase to over 6 million within 10 years.
The group most likely to need health and care services, the over-85s, is projected to reach 2.7 million in 2040. In addition, Age UK says the number of older people experiencing loneliness is expected to reach two million by 2025, so private companionship services are more important than ever. It all adds up to a growing demand for care at home.
We are an award-winning organisation for franchisee satisfaction, we pride ourselves in the innovative efforts of going paperless. Our CRM and payroll functions are monitored using technological systems to maintain accuracy and efficiency.
As an owner of a Walfinch home care franchise, you would launch and manage a care agency that provides home care services within a defined territory. Your team of highly trained carers would deliver much-needed services to the elderly and vulnerable in the comfort of their own homes.
Walfinch services include:
- Delivery, management, and administration of medication
- Fulfillment of care plans
- Meals and domestic tasks
- Personal care
- Complex care
- Friendly companionship
In addition, we offer customer management systems enabling you and your team to log clients’ medications, eating habits, hobbies, and anything else required to provide a five-star care service.
Investment - Financial Information
- Minimum Investment - £25 000
- Franchise Fee: £25,000 + VAT
- Total Investment: £90,000
- A Full Upfront Payment Is Not Required. Up to 70% of the initial investment can be provided through a bank loan. Government-backed funding and high street bank funding are both possible options – and we can guide you on ways to source finance to buy your franchise.
- Expected revenue after 5 years - £456,678
What kind of training and support do you receive with a Walfinch franchise?
Initial Training & Support
- Business planning - a dedicated business plan that will outline start-up costs, cash flow and profit-and-loss projections
- 10-day formal training programme
- Software and systems training
- Training on marketing and business development
- 90-day launch plan
- Walfinch Operations Manual
- Full administration system
- Support with Care Quality Commission registration - we pride ourselves on the support we provide to each franchisee to navigate this process efficiently and successfully. Walfinch has a specialist team who apply their knowledge and experience of the CQC/CIW/CI/RQIA registration process, providing you with both pre- and post-registration guidance. We are proud of the 100% registration success rate enjoyed by franchisees who use our support.
- Assistance with your business office set up
- Assistance in recruiting your first five carers
- 250 business cards
- Use of the Walfinch brand
- Dedicated webpage on the main website
- Social media support
- 500 promotional leaflets
- Advertising materials
- Assistance building 100 key contacts
- Lists of and introductions to referral providers
Exclusive territory license
- Your territory will cover a minimum of 250,000 people, including
- 40,000 people aged 65+
Advanced back-end systems that facilitate:
- Business development
- Financial management
- Compliance and procurement
- Recruitment and training
Ongoing training and support
- Live business plan that links to your accounts
- Fortnightly 1-2-1 business coaching sessions
- Quarterly ‘Business MOT’
- Quarterly skills development workshops
- Networking with fellow franchisees
Frequently Asked Questions
How long will it take to launch from the time I sign the franchise agreement?
- Normally 3 – 4 months depending on things like CQC registration, finding an office and recruiting carers.
Will you help me with a business plan for the new business?
- We will provide a business plan template, and this will allow you to adjust key figures to ensure that it is ideally suited to your territory.
Are there any other costs I can expect?
- Yes, other costs to budget for include a local office, local advertising, computer, office rent and working capital. Working capital will depend on how much money you need to draw from the business during the set-up of the business.
What is my expected break-even and how long should it take me to reach it?
- The time to reach break-even is governed by how long it takes to find carers and clients for your business, but our experience is that it normally takes anything from 12-18 months to achieve profitability.
Do I need any healthcare training or background to join Walfinch?
- No, but a background in business and an understanding of how a business operates is desirable.
Will you help me find clients?
- Yes, we train you to find your first 100 local contacts in your territory and provide training on the business development system. This enables you to find and retain key contacts in your area, who will keep referring clients to you.
How will I know what to charge clients?
- Completing a local business plan will clarify the charges which reflect a fair hourly cost for Walfinch services. We help you with a territory review to understand pricing in the territory. This allows you to pay carers well and make a fair profit.
Is this opportunity full time or part-time?
- Walfinch is a full-time management franchise opportunity. Initial franchisee training provides you with the know-how and support to set up and run a care business, as well as giving you an understanding of the care sector.
Are locations available? Could you help me choose a location?
- We have territories available across the United Kingdom with strong demand for home care. It is possible to own and run more than one franchise with us.